Abbott Molecular products, powered by Vysis FISH technology, provide the following advantages:
- Rapid, sensitive, and specific detection and characterization of chromosome abnormalities.
- Ability to test metaphase chromosomes from cultured samples and interphase cells from specimens that cannot be cultured.
- Direct-labeled probes, as compared to indirect labeling methods, provide:
- Less background signal, thereby simplifying interpretation.
- Reduced costs associated with labeling reagents and technician time.
- Dual and Tri Colored probe mixes for many microdeletion detection tests.
- Each mix includes a probe specific for the critical chromosome region implicated in the disease of interest and a control probe to another region on the same chromosome labeled with a different fluorophore.
- Inclusion of a control probe in most products ensures proper hybridization and facilitates identification of the chromosome of interest.