- Prepare bone marrow according to your lab methodology.
- Dip slides or coverslips into a coplin jar containing 70% acetic acid for 30 seconds at room temperature.
- Wash twice, briefly, in distilled water.
- Dehydrate successively in 70%, 85%, 100% EtOH 2 minutes each.
- Dip in cold acetone for 2 minutes.
- Air dry.
- Proceed with bone marrow pretreatment protocol.If slides are dropped the same day, put the slide in 2XSSC for 2 minutes at 73ºC. (step 1 of bone marrow pretreatment protocol).
*Smears stored up to 30 months (perhaps even longer) can be used successfully.