- Make cytospins
- Fix in 3:1 Methanol:glacial acetic acid for ~20 minutes
- Dehydrate in 70%, 85%, 100% ethanol for 2 minutes each
- Allow slides to air dry
- Mix 40 ul RNAse working solution (100ug/mL) with 40 mL prewarmed (37 deg C) 2xSSC
- Place slides in the RNase solution at 37 deg C. for ~15 minutes to 1 hour (depending upon time limitations)
- Rinse slides in 2xSSC three times, two minutes each
- Dehydrate in 70%, 85%, 100% ethanol for 2 minutes each. Let dry at room temperature. Prepare according to package insert.
The RNase step may be omitted if time does not allow.