The Alinity m HIV-1 assay is an in vitro reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay to detect and quantitate Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA using plasma, serum and dried blood spot (DBS).
- Research driven dual target assay design
- Partially double stranded probe provides accurate quantitation
- Confirmation and viral load in the same test provides operational efficiencies
- Designed with target specific extraction protocols ensuring differences in viral loads are true differences and an undetectable result is truly un-transmittable
- Dried Blood Spot (DBS) sample provides high sensitivity (LoD = 400 copies/mL) that meets regional and international guidelines for therapy monitoring. It helps to enhance accessibility and scalability of HIV-1 monitoring in remote areas, which better enables countries to achieve the 95-95-95 targets by 2030.